Medical Strengthening Therapy is suitable for individuals of any age with a minimum height of 150 cm. The classical indicators for medical strengthening therapy are recurring back or neck problems or pain that has not abated within 8 - 10 weeks of an injury.
Therapy is not appropriate if the pain is acute or joints are inflamed. In such cases, active therapy would exacerbate the inflammation or pain. However, therapy can be appropriate for sub-acute conditions and particularly for chronic pain.
The doctor will prescribe Medical Strengthening Therapy for the following conditions:
- Any type of back pain
- Tension in the neck/cervical muscles
- Weak muscles and muscular imbalances
- Disc protrusion or prolapse not requiring surgery
- Degenerative changes of the spine
- «Whiplash injuries»
- Poor or defective posture (e.g. scoliosis, segmental instability, spondylolisthesis
- Rheumatoid joint conditions (e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, fibromyalgia)
- Headaches, migraine
- After spinal surgery (cervical/thoracic/lumbar)